Saturday, December 15, 2007

Holiday Fun

a Christmas meme

I found this on Diana's blog and liked how fun it was!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love the paper!!I know not to environmental!

2. Real tree or artificial? I love real trees and going as a family to get one, but when we got a wood stove I bought a tree...I was too afraid of the real tree getting too dry and burning.(I know paranoid)

3. When do you put up the tree? Except for this year(the move) I have always put the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. It has been very hard not to have the tree up yet. We are going to set it up tonight and decorate it tomorrow after church and the Dedication of the home.

4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas...this year maybe a week later!!

5. Do you like eggnog?one glass a year.. then yuck!!!


6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Holly Hobbie Lunch pail

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes I have 3. One from my little sister in a glass ball, one traditional and one with verses on...I will try and take pictures.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Not really anyone

9. Easiest person to buy for? All

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? None, in fact even my first Christmas(unbeknownst to me my dear sweet Bill was born 4 states away!)

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Now I e-mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life!!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year 94% is home made...

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes...but carefully to another...that I thought would need.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I love both and put white lights around the base and colored around the edges.

17. Favorite Christmas song?Joy to the world

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We always stay home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? dasher,dancer prancer and vixon, donner and comet and cupid and blitzen...rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel picked out by my Second son when he was 5...he said that the tree needed something and we walked around the store and finally he picked the angel...when he marries I will give the angel to him...chokes me up how very important that this was to him...now to us all.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning...although Bill's family opened in the middle of night. I was pregnant and they didn't wake me that first year...so Bill and I have our own traditions..

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The chaos in the stores, like the stuff will not be available on the 26th!!!(translated into needless overspending and debt that is NOT what Christmas is about!

23. What I love most about Christmas? Well that it celebrates the birth of the Saviour. And also it is Bill's birthday...and I would be lost without him!(Lost without both...wow!)

5 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Great post and every bit true to Jenn. I loved it. Hope the move went smoothly and all is well. I hope you all have a wonderful life in your new home. love you all, connie from Texas

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BILL ON CHRISTMAS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL.

inspired said...

wow even able to name all the reindeer i'm impressed. ;]

MightyMom said...

to the top of the porch, to the top of the wall....now dash away, dash away, dash away all!

... said...

thanks for doing this, jen. i enjoy reading how differently people do the holidays.

i'd like to see your tree - with white lights around the base and then colored on the edges. i bet that's pretty. is it hard to do that way?

hope all is going well with the move.

~~Deby said...

Loved this MEME....
Praying you are in your new home...and a Happy Birthday to Bill....just a few more days...
Deby