Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Do You Know?

Several bloggers have written posts challenging us to figure out which thing that is listed is not true about them. I have failed to guess the correct falsehood every time!
But I thought it was kind of neat and have decided to try it and see if the readers could pick out which one is not true about me.

1) I ran cross country and track and actually broke several records for the 100m dash, and the 200m dash, and for the 100m hurdles.

2)I broke my ankle my senior year of high school and wore a Christmas stocking over the cast to keep my toes warm.

3)I have personally caught many scorpions, in fact I had a scorpion about the size of my palm in my kitchen(which I then caught)

4)I was on a flight over a body of water and and one engine failed and the second was in 'distress' The plane was landed on an emergency runway with nearly 30 engines, firefighting equipment and police

5)Bill is an identical twin, and Bill's twins wife is named Jennie

6) For a period of 60 days every time I made spaghetti for dinner there was a fatality at work for my husband Bill. Once it was his Chief who was killed in front of Bill.

7) I have met John Schneider of Dukes of Hazzard fame in Nevada. He was driving the famous General Lee.


8)I have flown in a military helicopter in the back with the side doors open.

9)My childhood home had 21 rooms a full basement a 2 car garage, with a barn, airplane hangar and chicken coop.


Well good luck. I really struggled to do this and hope I am not obvious with the one thing not true about me and my life. I will reveal the answer on Friday!

10 comments:

Momma Roar said...

FUN! I'm glad you did it, because I always get these wrong too! I'm going with either #3 or #7 - I don't doubt that you met Bo Duke - but was he driving the real general lee???? hmmm...
If I can only make one guess, it'll be #3.

Susan said...

Oh Jen, I am terrible at these. Even you gals I "think" I know a little bit about I never get right

I think I'll go with #5. These things are giving me a complex!!! I feel so ill informed!!
Susan

Portrait of Peter said...

Has to be (3)

If my memory serves me well!!

If not - I need more meds!!

Jackie said...

I'm going with #3, too, just for the sake of Bill's mental health.

TO BECOME said...

I am guessing #9 but that is probably wrong but it was fun trying. No wonder you know so much. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess #3,becuse that is just too creepy!! I really hope we DON'T have scorpions that big here!!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm guessing #1!!! Unless everyone you competed against had the same vertical challenge as you!

Portrait of Peter said...

I still think #3 but I must admit I am also drawn to #9.

How about a little clue?

Pen of Jen said...

A little clue...Peter asked for a clue...I thought I was painfully obvious, But my humble 'eclectic' table setting(in the most recent post) may have thrown people off:)

another clue...hmm, it is really terrible that I was able to write the 'deception' without batting an eye. I felt it so easy to see...

Well lets see if I can give a clue to help...I am not afraid of anything except one creature/thing...only one thing...

Also Bill was in the US Army, but I wasn't...

I am certainly not anyone famous but...
Ok enough with the clues...

I can honestly say most if not all of you need to guess again:)

Jackie said...

I meant to guess #6 -- which makes so much more sense with my previous comment. Am I closer now?