Saturday, December 1, 2007

Saturday Afternoon

We took a drive to see our oldest today. Just a short drive(70 miles to Las Cruces) but well worth the cloudy windy raining day, to see my firstborn. Every year I try and take a group photo for the wall. Every year it takes two different days and lots of luck. Some day I would like to put together the 100 or so photos that don't make the cut!! I think everyone would get a great laugh and would reflect on their own attempts at family photos. If we were sane we probably would go to a photographer! This visit was for the kids to get their antics out, as next weekend I hope to take the annual keeper photo(?)



Here is Fourth waking from the snooze. Yes she is festive for the Christmas season. If you enlarge the photo you can see the quilt that she sewed all by herself.


Here is the casual attempt. First is not so happy because he has a broken hand(hidden behind his back). It took 4 photos to get one that they all are looking forward

photo #2
No comment...



photo #3
I do not understand...one with eyes closed one looking to the oldest...


#4
Again??????



Bill and our oldest...


My Three Sons! And you can get a peek of the broken hand on First(white shirt)

So as you can see we have photo dysfunction...yet I know we have tons of fun...Wish us luck for next week. We will have everyone dressed up and at a local attraction...either Three Rivers Petroglyph Site or the White Sands. By the way as I look over the photos that we took today I cannot believe that I ever succeeded in taking photos. Remember most of the kids growing up was before digital and I had to develop all the photos(Even the out takes...you know where one is crying or picking their nose or hitting another one!!!).

10 comments:

Susan said...

They are great cause they are family!!!! Period:o)
Susan

Kelli said...

I like #2..hehehe.

Kelli

Pen of Jen said...

Thank you Susan!

Kelli...funny me too! We always have to have a goof shot to get out the silliness!

... said...

oh, the joys of trying to get a good family photo. been there - still doing that.

technology isn't always a good thing but i think digitial cameras were a great change to our world. we do save a ton on processed film and throwing out over half of the pics :]

~~Deby said...

Families....memories...that are created trying to get the photos...Challenging...you are doing a good job and have a wonderful family..
loved seeing the pictures....
kids will be kids...
ahemmmm....where are you?????
Deby

inspired said...

beautiful family moments captured in time :]

Theresa's Notes said...

Very good pictures! I like the first one best. They are all looking at the camera. You have very cute Children.

TO BECOME said...

My how they are growing just since I have come to know and love them. I am sure your photo secession will go just fine and if not well the memories will be worth all the pictures. Have fun. connie from Texas

MightyMom said...

nononononono
say it ain't soooooo


IT IS SUPPOSED TO GET EASIER TO TAKE THEIR PICTURES AS THEY GET OLDER....RIGHT????

Momma Roar said...

These are great!! I love all pictures of family - serious as well as hamming it up!