Okay when I found this post ...Why Public Schooling is Better Than Home Schooling (from Sit With Me Awhile)I had to click on it, because hey if there is legitimate information, I am willing to read the findings,
When I got to the link I found this
Why Public Schooling Is Better Than Homeschooling ~ Scott Ott
1. Most parents were educated in the underfunded public school system, and so are not smart enough to homeschool their own children.
2. Children who receive one-on-one homeschooling will learn more than others, giving them an unfair advantage in the marketplace. This is undemocratic.
3. How can children learn to defend themselves unless they have to fight off bullies on a daily basis?
4. Ridicule from other children is important to the socialization process.
5. Children in public schools can get more practice "Just Saying No" to drugs, cigarettes and alcohol.
6. Fluorescent lighting may have significant health benefits.
7. Publicly asking permission to go to the bathroom teaches young people their place in society.
8. The fashion industry depends upon the peer pressure that only public schools can generate.
9. Public schools foster cultural literacy, passing on important traditions like the singing of "Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg..."
10. Homeschooled children may not learn important office career skills,like how to sit still for six hours straight.
I copied and pasted the reasons so to read the blog of the person who put it together click on the link.
I really was thinking that I had found an objective paper. Oh well...Friday funnies...that is all!