Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Friend Adel


This is my friend Adel, she is one of the sweetest women I know. She is an amazing person and I will write a little bit about her so you all can 'meet her'

She loves the Lord which is first and foremost! She is the mother of 4 wonderful kids, but in reverse of what I have. She has 1 boy and 3 girls:) We had the wonderful opportunity to have lunch at Adel's on Tuesday.


She is standing next to the pot that she was growing the tomatoes in. She is very thrifty, and instead of throwing away any food, she puts the scraps in this pot. Everything growing in the pot grew from the scraps! I know I am so impressed, aren't you?

Currently in the pot are tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic, and ginger. She also has leeks growing nearby. But who would have thought that one could grow so much in such a small place?

Adel gave me 12 tomato plants a few months ago. I brought them home in an ice cream bucket, and wasn't sure that they would survive. But today they are big and bushy and producing.

Adel is so much fun, and she is very creative. I spent Tuesday seeing all the crafts that she has made, and she taught me a crochet trick that I have not been able to do.(Thanks Adel)

Oh and Adel also home schools her children, and they are in our home school group!! So as you go through your day today, pause and think of a dear, sweet friend that you have and give them a quick call. Friends are truly a blessing!

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

Check out my post below about the Pen of Jen updates!

6 comments:

Portrait of Peter said...

How sweet of you to mention your dear friend 'Adel', she has a wonderful 'homely' smile and given what you say of her - she as the same attributes as your goodself in homeschooling and focus on the family.

The proverb you mention is also worthy of note and reflection.

Anonymous said...

She seems like a lovely lady to have as a friend. You are so blessed to have someone you can spend time with, who seems to share so many of your values. I love her big pot of goodies!!!! =)

TO BECOME said...

I never would have thought about growing things in a pot that small. What a wonderful idea. connie from Texas

jennifer said...

Peter- I so am fortunate to have found sweet friends. And I really am happy to find such good friends for the kids. I love this proverb, it is really worth reflection:)
__________________________________
Kitty- I really am thankful, I must admit, I do love how creative she is, and I love the pot of garden goodies!
____________________________________
Connie, I would have never tried this myself, so I am so glad that Adel showed me this:)

Susan said...

Nice post on your friend. It is so important for us to acknowledge people. Everyone needs a pat on the back when deserved. She sounds like a delight. I'm sure I would like her :o)
Susan

Peculiar Blogs said...

she sounds wonderful!