Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My Thoughts

I am going to write a post on a variety of thoughts that I have been thinking. None really has to do with my family, nor our adventures in home schooling, yet I'd prefer to ramble here than the blog I consider my 'more serious' blog.

Did you ever notice that for as 'health conscious' as we are as a society...more and more people go under the knife...for augmentations, tummy tucks, bust jobs etc.?
Wait a minute, every time you have medical procedure you are at risk for a variety of dangerous side effects, including death.

Did you ever notice that more and more people strive to look exactly like everyone else? For as much as everyone wants to be their own person, with great self esteem, they are afraid to be unique. My design taught me early on, that I will never be like everyone else being 5'0". But in regards to fingernails, hair and makeup, for all the different colors and shades, the general colors are the same.

Did you ever notice in neighborhoods all the houses are alike?
Did you ever notice that even an infant needs a themed painted bedroom?
Did you ever notice that in the freezer section, you can buy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with the crust already cut off?
Did you ever notice that people will watch a movie a zillion times and haven't read the Bible once?
Did you ever notice how many clothes you own? How many do we need?
Did you ever notice that unless you have had a shower that the day seems sluggish?
Did you ever notice how many foods are at the grocery and how little you use on a week to week basis?

I guess my ramblings are just to clear the air. We as Americans have so very much and yet we continue to acquire more. I am not complaining about the US, just noticing that we are not being thankful for our wealth, just more greedy. It has spilled into our vanity. The obsession we have for self is sickening.

I am going to close this post with this thought. You will never see me blend in and not be unique. I am thankful to have my Salvation, and I am ever so grateful that I was designed in the image and likeness of God.God is vast, from the beginning to the end, and in each of us is His image. Not in the image of another. I believe that we are all made in God's image, and look at how much we try and alter that image. You will see me(if I am not in a crowd) just by my shortness. I accessorize with height to draw your eyes to my height(tall, loving, husband). I don't need anything else!

So the next time you look in the mirror and think I am too fat, too old, too bald, too short, too thin, or whatever, thank God that you are too, made in His image and forget that rest. Be unique and content as child of God!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED this! Thanks for rambling. It really turned into a beautiful message.

Portrait of Peter said...

Thought provoking and certainly reflective of some within society today.

You are able to captivate the mind with your postings.

Blessings to you all.

Peter

Quill of Bill said...

once again what a way with words. I am truly lucky to have such a talented (and beautiful) wife.

I also enjoy the way you accessorize me.

love ya,

Bill

Peculiar Blogs said...

loved your ramblings.