Sunday, May 6, 2007

Legal Vacation


The McBenning School is taking a vacation, due to Mr. Quill of Bill. He is required to testify on one of his previous cases that has been appealed from the Nevada Supreme Court. He decided that it would be wonderful for the children to sit in on this case and have a hands on learning experience of our court system.

It will be exciting for the kids to see their dad testify. I am looking forward to the break. We are going to take the 5th wheel and see a few sights on the way.

The kids are busy planning what they want to see, and many piggy banks have been turned upside down, in hopes of spending cash for the trip.

For any not familiar with the West from our town on the border of New Mexico, to where we are going in Nevada is 900 miles one way! The West is so Vast! There is so much history to see and enjoy! I have been out West for many years, and still and captivated. Correction, my breath is taken away by the mountains, the colors and the shear beauty.

I will be busy preparing for the trip, we will be gone about 5 days, so I need to plan all the food we need to take and all the incidentals.

Hopefully we will continue to be on line during the trip. It just requires a stop to the Verizon store.

I also am going to take the camera, so we will have many photos!

3 comments:

Portrait of Peter said...

What a wonderful idea and agree with your husband an important opportunity for the children to be present and to see how the legal system works.

I hope you all have an amazing time and a vacation - with a difference.

Peculiar Blogs said...

Sounds wonderful!! Have a great time!

Pen of Jen said...

Peter I think this is going to be a fantastic opportunity...the kids are going to have an exciting time and so are the old folks! I can't wait for the pictures...I am not going to mention the plans we have in case traffic diverts us another route.
So if all works well I believe the pictures will be silly and fun!
______________________________________
Our Peculiar Thank you I know we will.
Please let me know your name as I feel terrible about addressing you, a regular commenter so non personal.
Thanks to both